One-year Postgraduate Programme
Advanced additional training in the specialty concerned with the diagnosis and management of head and neck tumours
Online learning courses
Hands-on cadaver workshop.
Programme accredited by the European Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (EACCME).Programme complet
Head and Neck Surgery
Our one-year Postgraduate Programme in Head and Neck Surgery : Oncology will enable Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons to acquire advanced additional training in the specialty concerned with the diagnosis and management of head and neck tumours.
The Programme includes online learning courses, a clinical observership at a surgical centre with specialised experience in head and neck cancer treatment and a hands-on cadaver workshop.
Upon completion of the Programme, the participants will receive a Certificate issued by EACMFS. The Programme will be accredited by the European Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (EACCME).
Objectives of the Programme
This Programme aims to:
• Give the participants the knowledge to critically understand the scientific and molecular basis of head and neck cancer and its diagnosis.
• Provide the attendants with the appropriate knowledge of current multidisciplinary state-of-the-art management and treatment of head and neck tumours. • Teach the participants advanced techniques in head and neck surgery
including planning, approaches and microvascular free flap reconstruction.
Prof Julio Acero
Prof Frank Hölzle
Dr Nicholas Kalavrezos
Prof Emeka Nkenke
Prof Christos Perisanidis
Prof Klaus-Dietrich Wolff
1. Programme curriculum
• diagnostic approach and staging
• principles of surgical treatment and management of the neck
• advances in radiotherapy
• role of systemic treatment and immunotherapy
• quality of life
• microvascular reconstruction
2. Clinical observership
The clinical component of the programme consists of a clinical observership for the participant at a specialised unit (chosen from the EACMFS Blue Book) with experience in the management of head and neck tumours.
3. Cadaver course
The hands-on cadaver workshop is designed to teach essential and advanced operative techniques in head and neck cancer surgery.
Participants will be evaluated through :
• written examination (multiple choice questions)
• oral examination (including oral presentation of two clinical cases).
À venir et passé...
La bio-ingénérie au service de nos spécialités
Chirurgie Maxillo-Faciale & Odontologie
Association Française des Chirurgiens de la Face
Tous nos congrès SFSCMFCO